Once again, tahini! If you liked the sesame energy balls, you’ll love this next treat. Combining tahini, chocolate and rye flour can’t go wrong. It makes a healthy flavourful snack that is perfect for kids, even more if you use dates instead of sugar. Follow this recipe and let me know how it goes!
125 gr wholemeal rye flour
100 gr buckwheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100 gr unsalted butter
75 gr tahini
100 gr light brown sugar or coconut sugar
75 gr soft dates (roughly 8)
2 large eggs
150 g / 6 oz chocolate (65-75% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
Sesame seeds, to coat
1. Combine rye flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Place butter, tahini, sugar and dates in a food processor and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs to the processor and mix well.
3. Pour the butter mixture into the bowl of flours, add the chocolate and mix.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm (or in the freezer for 20 mins) and set the oven to 190°C / 380°F.
6. Roll the dough into balls and coat in sesame seeds.
7. Place them in a baking tray and bake for about 10-11 minutes. After 6 minutes, remove the balls from oven and flatten them out with a spatula to acquire a more cookie-like shape. Then place them back in the oven for the remaining time until slightly browned.
8. Let the cookies cool down and keep in a sealed container. They can last for about 3-4 days.
Recipe from GK Stories